Have You Heard the Latest?

How false allegations can get you in Depp shit

Several years ago, I was reading an article that challenged the common misconception that only women can be victims of domestic abuse. I was starting to believe that bullshit when my ex-wife barged in and told me to do some chores or I’d never see my kids again. No joke.


The acrimonious split between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard has brought some uncomfortable truths into the public domain regarding the issue of domestic abuse and false allegations.

Only the other day I read a statistic that 62% of men will be victims of false allegations at some point in their lives. The other 38% is probably asking for it.

Under the #MeToo banner Heard made claims that Depp physically abused her. It has since been revealed that she lied. Further evidence of Heard’s unsavoury character has come to light, such as mocking Depp for merely claiming to be a male victim of domestic violence.

Now, I know what you’re thinking, “Lee, I bet if Aquaman and Jesus had a fight, Jesus would walk all over him, but if Amber Heard and Jesus had a fight, well — ”

Shh, I’m trying to be serious here! I sincerely apologise for my schizophrenia. Me too.

Heard knowingly abused her position of power and influence. So if Heard lied, other women could have lied, right? Of course. Because lying isn’t a gender-specific issue.

Almost five years after leaving an abusive relationship, I can finally say I don’t want my ex-wife to die any more. I don’t want her to die any less either.
Why am I writing this? Because I know the impact false allegations of abuse have on a person. My ex-wife played the ‘toxic masculinity’ card and the family justice system failed to challenge it. As a consequence, my ex-wife is still punishing me and our children.

So, we all know domestic violence isn’t a gendered issue, right? But why do we treat it as such?

False allegations ruin lives. No joke.

Why did Amber Heard and Charlie Sheen’s secret love-child take his father’s name instead of his mother’s?
Because children should be Sheen and not Heard.”

Lee Serpa Azeva-who?

Originally published in Medium publication The Swipe, 9th February 2020.

2 thoughts on “Have You Heard the Latest?

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.